Key messages are a powerful and very strategic tool that focus your communication on what really matters. The messages can be woven into all forms of communication from media interviews and social media content, through to marketing collateral, presentations and position papers.
Despite their usefulness and value, it is surprising how many organisations either don’t have key messages, or have ones that are not serving them as well as they might. If you have more than five or six key messages on any given subject - or worse still, none at all - then we can help.
Although key messages are typically developed as part of a wider PR or communication plan, sometimes clients don’t need a wider plan – they just want the messages. That’s where our key messaging workshops come into the picture.
key messaging workshops are recommended for...
Our key message workshops are ideal for any organisation that would like to communicate more clearly about their product or service offering, their issue, their cause, etc. This includes:
- Businesses wanting to communicate more strategically with employees, existing and prospective customers, interest groups, shareholders, suppliers, etc.
- Not-for profits who want to communicate more effectively with existing and prospective members, donors, employees and key influencers
- Project or programme teams who want to improve understanding, buy-in, support and/or uptake from management, employees, suppliers, customers, etc.
- Industry bodies who want clearer and more focused communication with members and other stakeholders
what will be achieved
The workshop will deliver 4-6 key messages that can be used to get your communication focused what really manners – or out of what you'd rather not be talking about.
Our key messaging workshop clients have included:
- A small business who needed key messages for managing media interviews and other communication about a pending court case
- Numerous businesses who needed key messages to convey what makes their product / service offering special
- A not-for-profit organisation who needed key messages that highlighted why the public should get involved in their cause
- A listed company who needed key messages about why people should invest in their business
- A manufacturer who needed key messages for sales presentations and marketing collateral
- An industry group who needed key messages for managing an issue
who should attend
This depends upon what the key messages are to be about. Attendees are typically:
- Management teams
- Marketing and sales people
- Project or programme teams
- Communication teams or individuals
- Business owners
Contact us for more information.